Troy University

Have questions about the eSignature process?

Q. I don’t have an EchoSign account, can I sign a document?

A. Yes.  You will receive an email with a click to sign link.  Click the link and the form will open in a window for you to complete and sign.

Q. Will I get a copy of the signed document once all parties have signed?

A. Yes, you will be sent an email with a .pdf copy of the completely signed document along with a document history once the document has been signed by all parties.

Q. Will I get a copy if I decline to sign a document?

A. Yes.  All parties that have signed the form will receive an email stating the document was declined at the point someone declines the document.

Q. What if I don’t have an account, how do I view my documents?

A. You can sign any form sent to you without an account.   You will however need an account in order to view and retrieve any previously signed documents. Please visit to register for an account. You will have to register with your TROY email address. Once you register, you will be able to view all previous documents you have interacted with.

Q. What to do if a signature request was sent to me in error?

A. If you have a document that was sent to you in error, you will need to decline the signature request. There will be comment box for you to offer a reason.

Q. Are electronic signatures created with Adobe EchoSign valid and enforceable?

A. Yes. The Adobe EchoSign service fully complies with the requirements of both ESIGN and UETA.

The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“ESIGN Act”) became effective in the United States on October 1, 2000. Since then, online electronic signatures in both personal and commercial transactions have been granted the same legal status as a written signature.

The Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (“UETA”) is a model state act that existed prior to ESIGN providing a legal framework for electronic transactions. Like ESIGN, UETA provides that electronic records and signatures have the same validity and enforceability as paper-based transactions and hand written signatures.

Q. What do I do if I am having problems submitting my document?

A. If you have trouble filling out the request or have difficulties uploading documentation, please contact IT at or call 334-670-5660.